Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Dietician Visit

I saw my dietician this morning for some pointers on my diet for the next month. Mushy/soft foods is on the menu, focusing on getting in 3 tablespoons of protein and 1 tablespoon of fruits/veggies per meal. That's 7 grams of protein per meal, 3 times a day, so 21 grams of protein from food. That means I only need to do one protein shake a day now and that is awesome since I am so sick of them. I need to go shopping though and procure mushy foods and make a bunch of stuff to portion out to take to work. A lot of work it feels like at this stage just to do a meal. I liked how easy the protein shake diet was :) So things like scrambled eggs, egg salad, tuna salad, moist meatloaf, pot roast, etc will be on my plate for a month. It will make eating out a big challenging as these things are not typically on the menu at restaurants! I am finding eating out is a pain anyway. So I guess no biggy. The biggest challenge now is to not think i can have anything I want again because ultimately I need to stay on a hight protein, low carb diet until I am at goal weight. So even though a french fry is soft inside, it's not on the list of things I should be eating. Dang it!


I have officially lost 35 pounds according to my dr's charts. I stepped on and saw a nice round number of 245. They base my loss on my weight the last time I was at the dr before starting liquids, I was basing my loss on what I weighed the night before starting liquids, which was less. I am going to just go by the dr's number because it is a) a higher number and b) an easier starting number to calculate from. I'm an accountant who is rather helpless without a calculator :) Anyway. I'm happy with that number and working hard to get to the next round one of 240. 4 workouts a week and staying on my eating plan should get me there in a couple of weeks I hope. Onward!

I am going to post my meals and exercise on here for a while so I can keep track of what's going in and maybe it will help me see trends when my weight loss stalls.

B: Protein shake (42 g protein)
L: 1/3 serving Taco Bell Pintos and Cheese (3 g protein)
D: 3 tbsp tuna 1 slice canned peaches (10 g protein)
Exercise - gym or biking, we will see
Vitamins: Yup
Water goal: 64 ounces

No comments:

Post a Comment