Thursday, August 4, 2011

Frustrated

So it didn't take me too long to get frustrated. I am not losing weight! ARGH! I know it slows down, blah blah blah, but being on a liquid diet should mean I will see the scale drop and then adding in exercise? More droppage. Nope. I'm so irritated. This better not be the trend or I'm going to be madder than a hornet. I worry my body is in starvation mode and it's conserving everything I eat and drink but the doc said that wouldn't happen. I get in my 3 protein shakes a day, which is about 500 calories right there, plus the stuff I eat, so it's not like I get no calories. And I drink a ton of water and I've worked out twice this week and plan another workout in the morning with my trainer. I need to see results or I'm going to get crankier. I bought a dress for our firm's formal summer event and I got it in a size that I SHOULD be able to fit into or pretty close and was thinking if it was a tiny bit too small I could just exercise harder in the next weeks. Now I'm wondering if that will even matter. I ordered it online so I couldn't try it on - maybe not the smartest thing ever, but I loved it. So anyway. Done venting I guess.

Last night I had the most yummy dinner. Kat had made me chicken tortilla soup and there was a bunch left so I added some more salsa, some tortilla chip crumbles (they got soggy and so they were drinkable) sour cream and cheese. It was heaven. I got about 3/4 cup in before I felt full and it was SO tasty and yummy. I don't want to eat it too often though adn get sick of it. So I save it for when I am eating at Kat's house. :)

This weekend will be a challenge, going to Iowa for Sweet Corn days and Arnold's Park with my sister adn cousin and all of our kiddos. There will be incessant eating all around me. I will be chugging my protein shakes. I can already tell I will be cranky about it. Oh well. I must gear up for it and be strong. The end of liquids is in sight and then life will be a lot easier. I officially am going to start eating mushy foods next Friday on my Chicago trip, so only a week left. YAY!

End ramble. I am hoping to weigh tomorrow morning and find that the scale went down an ounce or two. blah.

No comments:

Post a Comment