Friday, August 26, 2011

WLS and the Great MN Eating Extravaganza

The FAIR has arrived!!! I love the Fair, it is the highlight of my summer every year, I go as many times as possible and I LOVE it. I was a little worried about what weight loss surgery would do to my fair enjoyment levels seeing as how it is a big food-fest but I figured as long as I go many times I will have the chance to at least taste my favorites.



The day started off with a bike ride to the Fair from Kat’s house – about 5 miles, pre-burning calories in the morning. We wandered around a bit before hitting the “Big Fat Bacon” stand and getting a slab of thick-cut, maple-brushed bacon (to die for). I had 2 bites and it was amaze-balls. Then we walked around for about an hour and a half and found the onion rings that are my favorite. I had 2 onion rings and was feeling very satisfied and figured I should quit eating for a while. About 2 hours later Kat got a foot-long hot dog. I had 2 bites of the dog with no bun and that really filled me up. We didn’t eat again for about 3 hours when we got cheese curds. I had 2 and they were SO amazing. Then we hit the deep-fried pickles with cream cheese filling and I had one of them, which were about 3 bites. I was feeling super full and was thinking I was done for the food for the day. But…we did get some home-made potato chips and I had 3 of them and it put me over the top and I was not feeling well for about an hour. After another hour we went to the dairy barn and got a twist ice cream cone. Ice cream has not set well with me thus far so I knew not to push it with this one so I just had a few licks and it was so delicious but I’m glad I didn’t over do it with the ice cream. I ended the day feeling satisfied but not full or uncomfortable, so all in all, a yummy day at the fair. Followed it up with a 5 mile ride back to Kat’s house so I think I ended up on the winning end of the calorie/fat situation but not great on the protein/health situation. Oh well, there is always today!



SO to recap –what I ate at the fair:



2 bites of bacon

2 onion rings

2 bites of hot dog

2 cheese curds

1 pickle slice with cream cheese

3 potato chips

A few licks of ice cream

All of that would have fit on a little salada plate :) YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment