Monday, August 1, 2011

Update

I haven't updated in a while, oops! I am still on liquids, some days it bugs me a lot, some days it just doesn't matter. I realized I needed to get more food in me in addition to the protein shakes I've been drinking, even though I have no hunger and actually am just tired of trying to eat. I need the energy and nutrition. So this weekend Kat made me his amazing chicken tortilla soup and he added beans to it, pureed it so it was thin enough for me to drink and topped it off with a little dab of sour cream . Heaven. Then I ate soup at Panera a couple of times and even though I can hold about 1/4 cup at a time, it still felt really good to eat yummy soup instead of broth over and over and over. I still have struggled with having enough energy so today I determined to get more protein in. I had 3 protein shakes instead of the 2 I usually manage to get in, and had 2 cups of chicken broth for additional protein. I drank more than necessary and it made a huge difference in my energy. I went to the gym and did a hard 30 minutes on the elliptical and then 10 more minutes of alternating walk/run on the treadmill. I burned 500 calories and worked up a huge sweat and felt GREAT doing it, no exhaustion. I'm going to try to do it tomorrow night too. Steven is now a gym member now that he is 13 so he can come with me so it was fun to go with him. I set up 3 personal training appointments too so I can get back to muscle building. I'm excited to be back on the fitness path again and as long as I make sure I get in my nutrition I should be good. I will weigh in the morning but I don't think I lost anything this week - seem to have stalled out which is normal after such a huge drop, and it will likely be super slow while my body settles in. I don't care, it'll all come off eventually, just going to keep doing what I'm doing and enjoying my smaller clothes. I shopped on the weekend and I was BLOWN AWAY to fit into sizes I haven't fit into for about 15 years. CRAZY. But FUN :)

Off to bed I go - tomorrow I get to go to the dr and drink barium for an x-ray to make sure my stomach is sealed tight and then to my surgeon for my official check up. I hope he is pleased with my progress, I know I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment