Tuesday, August 2, 2011

No leaks!

Had my swallow test today. I had to swallow the nastiest liquid ever while an x-ray dude watched it go down into my newly tiny tummy and then take images for the doc. No leaks :) I then had my post op physical with the surgeon and they were thrilled with my progress and how well I am doing. I was pretty thrilled to thank them for being so amaze-balls. I was down to 248.5 this morning, they put a big -31.5 on my chart since they calculate from my highest weight of 280. I LOVE IT :)

My favorite part of the day though, both the surgical assistant/nurse and my surgeon asked how Kat was. :) He was there with me on the surgery day and blew everyone's socks off. He has the most beautiful soul, such a sunny, happy personality and makes everyone feel so good, of course the most important people in my world that day, the surgeon and his assistant, were no exception and they both remarked how much he brightened the room and how awesome he is. I of course, agree. What a difference. It is so wonderful to be with someone who is so amazing and who brings such a positive response from everyone he meets. And I mean everyone :) I am so lucky :)

I hit the gym last night for the first time since surgery. I took it easy and just 30 minutes on the elliptical but then Steven was still having fun so I hit the treadmill and did a walk/run til he was done. I burned about 450 calories and had great energy. Tonight we went back and I did an hour on the elliptical and Steven wasn't ready to leave yet so I did some strength training on my arms a bit. Surgeon doesn't want me doing anything to stress my abs for another month so I don't get a hernia where the large incision was. Fine by me, I hate core work :) I see my trainer Friday and then twice next week so I can get back to arms and legs at least - I am sure I've lost a lot of muscle since I haven't worked them in over a month. Oh well, onward! :)

Dr also told me if it falls off a spoon and has no chunks, I can have it. So I am going to make some smoothies with some fresh fruit this week and I'm excited for that :) Much better than soup. 2 more weeks feel more bearable with smoothies in them!

No comments:

Post a Comment