Saturday, July 23, 2011

Happy and a bit melancholy

I do fine at home not thinking about food and everything I'm missing. But today I went out and it was really tough. All I saw was restaurants, people eating, and just food food food food food. I went to lunch with Kat to Cecil's and their soup of the day was Vegetable Beef - super lucky for me since I was in the market for some hearty broth. It was really good but basically 5 or 6 spoonfuls is my max right now before it gets a little uncomfortable in my gut. But it was still tasty. I don't want Kat to feel bad eating around me, he already feels weird, so I didn't let on how incredibly tough it was to see him eat his lovely looking Reuben. It's an adjustment and I have to keep dealing with it and eventually it will be easier. Then we walked to St Catherine's where there was an art fair. It was SO fun to visit with all the artists and look at the super unique paintings, blown glass, metal works and interesting jewelry. Kat bought me the most beautiful glass pendant :) I got in 40 ounces of fluid up to that point in the day but being the heat, it was enough to do me in. We went back to his house and I fell asleep almost instantly for a much needed nap. I woke up feeling great though and went to Panera on my way home and got some creamy tomato soup. OMG it is like ridiculously good. 6 bites and I feel full BUT, it's amazing how mentally it turns off the cravings and the food thoughts when there is real nutrition in your gut.

The scale this morning - 254.8. Another drop! I LOVE IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment