Friday, July 22, 2011

Improvements abound!

It's day 5 and I am off all pain meds, moving pretty normally, getting in my required fluids and resting well. I weight in this morning and was 257.8! I was super excited to see that number, that means 19 pounds down in the past 3 weeks. It's only going to get better too! :)

Basically the only stress I have is worry about getting enough fluids in. I can only sip 1/2 ounce at a time so getting in 64 ounces of clear fluids is 128 sips. This takes just about all day since I have to pause a bit between sips to let it settle. I get a cramp with every sip too and usually an air bubble and so it's uncomfortable to drink but I have to. I also have to get in 15 ounces of protein shakes per day at a minimum, plus broth, juice, etc as I can tolerate. It's like I am drinking non-stop. I am supposed to walk alot so I pace around my place often and each night I have taken a longer and longer walk. Tonight I will attempt about a half-mile. Copper is loving this new habit of mine, poor pup never got walked enough before.

I went to Walgreens today and it was fun to be dressed in normal clothes and makeup and not look like anything was out of the ordinary and shop for my shampoo and stuff. My stomach where the incisions are is a bit swollen and my incisions are very bruised looking but otherwise clean and healing well so I'm grateful for that. I remember the infection I got after having Steven and that was NOT fun.

Everyone has been so great, lots of visitors and phone calls from the fabulous people in my life. It is such a good distraction and keeps my spirits up and not all bummed for having to be home all week. I will get out more this weekend, maybe catch a movie and have some soup somewhere. Idk, it's so exciting to think about, hee hee.

The doctor said he wouldn't clear me for work til after he sees me on August 2nd. I am freaking out at that cuz I will go nuts sitting here for yet another week. I am going to see how I feel and ask him next week if I can go work half-days next week. I can't imagine what it would harm since I sit all day and I will be vigilant about drinking my water. We shall see.

Wellz, that's my update. So far I'm loving the losers bench!

No comments:

Post a Comment