Monday, July 25, 2011

It's been a week!

Hard to believe that a week ago already I was getting my insides sliced and diced. I feel so back to normal and it's been such a quick recovery. The doc said after 7 days I could do anything I could handle with no restrictions except no lifting more than 10 pounds. SO I think I shall try a bike ride with Steven today. I'm excited to get on the bike, it's been too long.

The scale was nice to me this morning, 251.6. That makes 10 pounds lost in the past week, 25.2 lost since 4th of July. It is so surreal to lose weight so quickly, every morning when I get on the scale it goes down and it's kind of fun to get up and see what the new number is. I will be stoked to be under 250 for the first time in about 10 years, hopefully that will happen this week!

It's still a mental struggle every day to really digest the difference in my eating life. It's hard to really accept that I will never have freedom again to eat as I please and I have essentially locked myself in to a life-long healthy-eating REQUIREMENT. That's the whole point, left to my own devices I don't make good choices and I got to be morbidly obese. So now the choices are taken from me for the most part and that is good and I am excited to lose weight but it's a head trip to really realize how I have done this to myself for my own good and I won't always like it. 3 more weeks of liquid diet. I have no clue how I will manage the boredom of soup and protein shakes for 3 more weeks but I will have to do it. I have to just not think about it and do it. The nice thing is I have a trip to Chicago to look forward to on the first weekend of my "mushies" stage so when I go there I can enjoy mushy foods for the first time, like refried beans, mashed potatoes, braunschweiger, bananas, soft fruits, cooked veggies, yum! And I'm guessing a Chicago hot dog is mushy if you chew it long enough ;) I plan on enjoying one bite of a hot dog, they have the best, after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment